Code of Conduct: Both Emcredit and our network members abide by a strict Code of Conduct when collecting, processing and disseminating data.
The key rules of the Code are:
- Private: All data processing is governed by DIFC Data Protection Law No. 1 of 2007.
- Confidential: Request for information is allowed for relevant business purposes only.
- Up-to-date: Data is constantly updated and error-checked to ensure it is timely and accurate.
- Secure: All data is securely managed, physically and electronically.
- Data Privacy & Regulation: As part of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Emcredit operates in accordance with DIFC’s data protection regulation. The DIFC has its own civil and commercial laws unlike those in the rest of the UAE. The stringent legal framework is further reinforced with a rigorous data protection regime based on international best practices. Emcredit is subject to DIFC’s Data Protection Law No.1 of 2007.
This highly vigilant environment facilitates enhanced data protection. As per the Data Protection Law of the DIFC, all parties that interact with Emcredit -the data provider, the data consumer, and the general public – will have access to legal recourse regarding the processing, usage, and maintenance of their data. This creates confidence amongst the data providers and data subjects and encourages information sharing.